If you’re wondering what to do during this time, use the following steps as a guide, and congratulations on your job offer!
- Reach out to your employer directly and use the language below as a guide
- Be empathetic in your message, employers are dealing with change too
- Reassure your employer of your excitement and interest in the opportunity and willingness to be flexible given the current labor marketing situation
- Confirm start date and determine whether you will be working on-site or remotely
- Continue to stay in touch with your employer after the initial contact.
- If you haven’t already done so, let us know where you’ve landed.
Email to Employer Confirming Offer:
Dear Ms. or Mr. ________________ (substitute first name if appropriate & used previously),
First, I hope you and your family are safe and healthy during this transition.
I am excited to come to your firm and begin making an impact for your group.
Right now, I am finishing up this semester at Wake Forest remotely and have had the opportunity to continue my research on ____________ (your industry) and developing additional (skills or proficiencies) in ___________ (skills from classes, or self-study like LinkedIn Learning workshops or classes that would add value such as programming and/or professional certifications).
Could we please schedule a phone meeting to discuss other actions you may wish me to take prior to my start date?
Again, I look forward to becoming a member of your team at ________________.