Your Path. Our Support.
Dreams are the touchstones of our character.Henry David Thoreau
Resources You Should Be Using
Career Marketplace: Unique Careers for the Unique Person
If you have no idea about the career world, browse the Career Marketplace to check out all types of jobs. There is From writing to politics to fashion to sports to social justice to environmental sustainability to cryptocurrency to cybersecurity and more, there is a wide range of careers available – and it’s always changing. Check out the Career Marketplace to see what could be your unique path.
Career Pathways Emails: Stay Up-to-Date and Don’t Miss Out
Be in the know. Get emails delivered to your mailbox each week to learn about the most important, timely job, internship, and grad school opportunities, events, resources, people, and more. Sign up to receive emails for any or all of the following career paths:
Accounting & Finance Pathway
- Business Analyst
- Corporate Financial Analyst
- Credit Analyst
- Debt & Capital Markets Analyst
- Equity Research Analyst
- Financial Analyst
- Investment Banking Analyst
- Bank of America
- Fifth Third
- Goldman Sachs
- Wells Fargo
- Business Analyst
- Digital Strategy Consultant
- Federal Analyst
- Financial Services Consultant
- Fundraising Consultant
- Healthcare Consultant
- Management Consultant
- People Advisory Consultant
- Strategy & Operations Analyst
- Technical Solutions Consultant
- Aon Consulting
- Bain & Co.
- Booz Allen Hamilton
- CGI Consulting
- Potomac River Partners
Marketing & Communications Pathway
- Account Coordinator
- Assistant Brand Strategist
- Assistant Media Buyer
- Associate Media Specialist
- Brand Marketing Assistant
- Marketing and Advertising Associate
- Media Ops Coordinator
- Programming, Planning, & Scheduling Coordinator
- Public Relations Associate
- Horizon Media
- L’Oreal Paris USA
- Showtime Networks
- Tory Burch
- USA Today
Social Impact Pathway
- Case Manager
- Educator Diversity Program Manager
- Environmental Protection Specialist
- Global Real Estate, ESG Labor Strategist
- Network for Social Justice Community Engagement Coordinator
- Program Manager, Justice Reform
- Research Assistant, Justice Policy
- Sustainability Manager
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Campbell Soup Company
- Habitat for Humanity
- Oak Ridge Institute for Science & Education
- Office of Rural Health Policy
- Silent Spring Institute
- Social Capital, Inc.
- The Hunt Institute
- The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights
- Urban Institute
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
STEM & Analytics Pathway
- Assistant Chemist
- Bioprocess Technician
- Chemical Technician
- Clinical Research Coordinator
- Data Engineer
- Knowledge Engineer
- Marketing Strategy Analyst
- Quality Lab Associate
- Quantum Processes & Metrology Group Researcher
- Simulation Engineer
- Software Engineer
- Baxter Healthcare
- Capital One
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
- National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences
- National Institutes of Standards and Technology
- Novozymes North America
- The Apollo Group, Inc.
- Accounting & Finance Pathway
Career Readiness Fund: Over $100,000 Available for Internships and More
Over $100,000 in stipend grants are available for students with financial needs to fund unpaid internships, travel, and expenses related to experiential learning and professional development.
Competitive Careers & Professional Schools: From Law to Medicine to Business to Investment Banking
Check out our special programs and resources for students interested in popular, competitive professional careers, including graduate school preparation.
- Entrepreneurship – Wake Forest has one of the top entrepreneurship programs in the country and the Entrepreneurship minor is one of the most popular minors. Developing the business acumen and entrepreneurial mindset of a startup CEO will equip you to be gritty, resilient, and innovative, all key attributes for a successful career and life.
- Finance – About 16% of graduating Wake Forest students go into finance-related careers and organizations each year. This includes investment banking, accounting, private equity, asset management, real estate, insurance, FinTech, and much more. Learn about finance-related careers, graduate programs, and the application process as well as who can help you while you are at Wake Forest. For first-year students, make sure to check out the Pre-Wall Street program.
- Pre-Health – About 14% of graduating Wake Forest students go to top medical schools each year. About 7% of students go into health-related careers and organizations including nursing, physical therapy, hospital administration, medical technology, and much more. Learn about health careers, schools, and the medical school application process, as well as who can help you while you are at Wake Forest.
- Pre-Law – About 11% of graduating Wake Forest students go to top law schools each year. Learn about law careers, schools, and the law school application process, as well as who can help you while you are at Wake Forest.
Diversity Always Matters: Specialized Programs, Resources and Opportunities
If you identify with a diverse identity group, there are numerous specialized resources and programs available. Be prepared and don’t miss out on great opportunities, as most employers are seeking students with diverse backgrounds and developing diverse and inclusive workplaces – now more than ever.
Forage: Virtual Work Projects
Forage is a new student resource for Fall 2022. It is an e-learning platform providing “bite-sized virtual work projects.” Students are able to complete projects that provide a taste of the real work that professionals do and provide an experience that can be documented on a resume.
March 21, 2023 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm (open to all WFU students interested in financial services)
March 30, 2023 10:00 am – 1:00 pm (open to all WFU students interested in health professions)