There are no announcements at this time. Please check back later.
Your Path. Our Support.
Need a Career Coach?
College students, if you have a brief question (one that can be addressed in 15 minutes or less), you can visit the OPCD in Reynolda Hall, Room 230 for a “drop-in” meeting between 1:30 and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday. School of Business students should meet with their coach in Farrell Hall.
Dreams are the touchstones of our character.Henry David Thoreau
Resources You Should Be Using
If you have no idea about the career world, browse the Career Marketplace to check out all types of jobs. From writing to politics to fashion to sports to social justice to environmental sustainability to cryptocurrency to cybersecurity and more, there is a wide range of careers available – and it’s always changing. Check out the Career Marketplace to see what could be your unique path.
Over $100,000 in stipend grants are available for students with financial needs to fund unpaid internships, travel, and expenses related to experiential learning and professional development.
Check out our special programs and resources for students interested in popular, competitive professional careers, including graduate school preparation.
- Entrepreneurship – Wake Forest has one of the top entrepreneurship programs in the country and the Entrepreneurship minor is one of the most popular minors. Developing the business acumen and entrepreneurial mindset of a startup CEO will equip you to be gritty, resilient, and innovative, all key attributes for a successful career and life.
- Finance – About 16% of graduating Wake Forest students go into finance-related careers and organizations each year. This includes investment banking, accounting, private equity, asset management, real estate, insurance, FinTech, and much more. Learn about finance-related careers, graduate programs, and the application process as well as who can help you while you are at Wake Forest. For first-year students, make sure to check out the Pre-Wall Street program.
- Pre-Health – About 14% of graduating Wake Forest students go to top medical schools each year. About 7% of students go into health-related careers and organizations including nursing, physical therapy, hospital administration, medical technology, and much more. Learn about health careers, schools, and the medical school application process, as well as who can help you while you are at Wake Forest.
- Pre-Law – About 11% of graduating Wake Forest students go to top law schools each year. Learn about law careers, schools, and the law school application process, as well as who can help you while you are at Wake Forest.
If you identify with a diverse identity group, there are numerous specialized resources and programs available. Be prepared and don’t miss out on great opportunities, as most employers are seeking students with diverse backgrounds and developing diverse and inclusive workplaces – now more than ever.
Forage is a new student resource for Fall 2022. It is an e-learning platform providing “bite-sized virtual work projects.” Students are able to complete projects that provide a taste of the real work that professionals do and provide an experience that can be documented on a resume.
GoinGlobal has career guides, country/city guides, job and internship postings, H1B/OPT information, and an employer directory. Learn how to use GoinGlobal with their training videos.
InterviewPrep is a great place to practice interviewing. Create a free account and learn how to use the service via their training videos.
The OPCD has partnered with Kaplan to provide the following discounted test prep:
- MCAT Prep – Live Online – $1,650
- GRE Prep – Live Online – $600
- LSAT Prep – Live Online – $900
- GMAT Prep Live Online – $800
- DAT Limitless Prep – $850
- OAT Limitless Prep – $850.
To start the process, click the link below.
November 30, 2023 6pm – 7pm (All WFU students are welcome)
December 2, 2023 2pm – 2:30pm (All WFU students are welcome)
December 4, 2023 8pm – 9pm (All WFU students are welcome)
December 5, 2023 8pm – 9pm (All WFU students are welcome)
December 6, 2023 8pm – 9pm (All WFU students are welcome)
December 7, 2023 9pm – 10pm (All WFU students are welcome)
December 9, 2023 5pm – 6pm (All WFU students are welcome)