What Should I Do?
Use the following steps as a guide, and congratulations on your job offer!
- Reach out to your employer directly and use the language below as a guide
- Express your excitement and interest in the opportunity and willingness to be flexible
- Confirm the start date and determine whether you will be working on-site or remotely
- Continue to stay in touch with your employer after the initial contact.
- If you haven’t already done so, let us know where you’ve landed.
EMAIL TO EMPLOYER CONFIRMING OFFER:
Dear Ms. or Mr. ________________ (substitute first name if appropriate & used previously),
I am excited to come to your firm and begin making an impact for your group.
Right now, I am finishing up this semester at Wake Forest and have had the opportunity to continue my research on ____________ (your industry) and developing additional (skills or proficiencies) in ___________ (skills from classes, or self-study like LinkedIn Learning workshops or classes that would add value such as programming and/or professional certifications).
Could we please schedule a phone meeting to discuss other actions you may wish me to take prior to my start date?
Again, I look forward to becoming a member of your team at ________________.
Career Core by Kaplan
Career Core by Kaplan is free to Wake Forest University students. The courses are taught by our very own Wake Forest professor Heidi Robinson and spotlighted Wake Forest students.